Darter Photography introduces you to the technical and artistic aspects of photography with this workshop. You will learn about the concepts of photography, what the different modes of a camera mean, how to compose a photograph so that it catches the eye, how to post-process it to reflect reality or make it artistic, and, in an increasingly connected world, how to share it online. So the next time you click a photograph, you’ll create a memory to cherish.
++ Participants of previous workshops say++
• “Excellent course content, pace and attitude” – Sneha
• “..as a beginner, it was a good hands on learning experience” - Jyothin
• “The instructors are very approachable and ready for help” - Shantanu
++ See some photos taken by participants at the field session during the earlier workshops http://www.facebook.com/ media/set/ ?set=a.157372640992826.3864 3.133013046762119
++ Intended Audience ++
This workshop is for you if you:
- are getting started on photography
- have an interest in photography, and
- are keen to take better photographs,
You would be required to bring your digital camera to the workshop. An advanced camera or an SLR is NOT a prerequisite.
++ Topics covered ++
• Concepts of photography
o Introduction to photography
o Technical aspects of making a photograph
o Understanding exposure, histograms and metering
o Focus, Aperture, Depth of Field, Shutter-speed, ISO and White Balance
o Familiarization with all the controls in your camera
o Camera modes and making the best out of your camera – Program Mode, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual modes
o Understanding digital cameras and associated photography gear
o Knowing what makes a technically good photograph; identifying problems in images
o Stories through your photographs
o Guidelines for good composition
o Understanding quality and play of light
• Types of photography and their nuances
o Portrait, Landscape, Wildlife, Architecture and Macro photography at a glance
++ Your take from the workshop ++
After the workshop, you will be able to
• understand the different controls in your digital camera and make the best use of them depending on the circumstances at which you are shooting.
• know and use the advanced modes to control the exposure and depth of field to get the best from your subject.
• understand the nuances of composition, which helps in taking appealing images.
• make the best use of your camera’s abilities and open up to unlimited possibilities in photography.
++ Registration Details ++
The workshop fee is Rs. 4,600/- per person.
The workshop fee includes:
• Classroom sessions and field session under the guidance of Darter Photography Expert
• Lunch and tea/snacks
The workshop fee doesn't include:
• Additional snacks or beverages ordered from the hotel
• Transport to classroom
• Anything that is not part of the Includes section above
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 9740083260 (Shreeram M V) / 9880006460 (Arun Bhat) to know more details or if you have any questions.